acknowledged : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of
She acknowledged that she might have forgotten
- v report the receipt of
The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper
- v express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with
She acknowledged his complement with a smile
- v express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- v accept as legally binding and valid
- v accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne
- a recognized or made known or admitted
the acknowledged leader of the community
a woman of acknowledged accomplishments
his acknowledged error
- s generally accepted
- While both sides expressed confidence, that the outstanding ballots would turn their way, they acknowledged they'd remain in campaign mode until a winner is announced.
- And the acknowledged risks attached to direct contact with depleted-uranium particles has also prompted the WHO to warn that children playing in former conflict zones could be at .
- Still, he acknowledged that in previous presidential elections, such remarks have created trouble for those who utter them: People can play games.
News & Articles
- Local Identity, Global Recognition-Trading Point Announces Acquisition of XM.COM
Internationally acknowledged financial Institution Trading Point of Financial Instruments Ltd has recently announced the successful acquisition of the prestigious two-letter domain name XM.COM as the short ...
June 22, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- In an acknowledged "departure from normal policy," the FBI issued a statement denying that journalis
In an acknowledged "departure from normal policy," the FBI issued a statement denying that journalist Michael Hastings was under investigation—contrary to what Hastings had apparently been telling friends before his sudden death . Read more...
June 21, 2013 - Gawker
- Humorist Tim Sample at Opera House
BOOTHBAY HARBOR — Tim Sample, widely acknowledged as New England’s premier native humorist, will perform at the Opera House at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 27. Sample was born and raised in Maine and says that he “has never lived — or for that matter, wanted to live — anywhere other than the Pine Tree State.” read more
June 21, 2013 - The Times Record
- Gary Oldman in United Press International (subscription)
He was an extraordinary young man with an extraordinary talent and it is wonderful that you have acknowledged that,Oldman said of his co-star, who died Jan. 22, 2008, of an accidental prescription drug overdose.
- Barack Obama in BBC News
In a statement, Mr Obama said: "Tom has made a mistake, which he has openly acknowledged. He has not excused it, nor do I."
- Bill Belichick in Bloomberg
As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week's game,Belichick said. "We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress."