- a not recognized or admitted
- s not openly acknowledged
an unacknowledged emergency
- Despite speculation about her possible unacknowledged contributions to special relativity, she herself never made such claims.
- Miller's Crossing was a sly, unacknowledged blend of two Dashiell Hammett's tales, Red Harvest and The Glass Key; and O Brother Where Art Thou? transferred The Odyssey to the American .
- Perhaps the answer lies with Percy Bysshe Shelley, the British poet, who wrote in 1820 that "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world.
News & Articles
- Backtracking: Beyoncé’s ‘Dangerously In Love’ Turns 10
Beyoncé has never been short on ambition or self-belief. By 2003, the future Mrs. Carter had pretty much done it all. Destiny’s Child was a global phenomenon and her position as the unacknowledged-but-obvious centerpiece of the group had brought money, fame and even a budding movie career. But the 21-year-old sensed she had a higher calling and set about making the oft-tried, rarely successful ...
June 24, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Percy Bysshe Shelley in San Luis Obispo Tribune
Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote, "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world."
- Amitabh Bachchan in NDTV.com
Aadesh Shrivastav and I will now be collaborating over a new interpretation of the Bhagwad Gita. It's one of my father's unknown and unacknowledged masterpieces of immense literary and religious value,said Bachchan.
- Colum McCann in Los Angeles Times
In a certain way, novelists become unacknowledged historians, because we talk about small, tiny, little anonymous moments that won't necessarily make it into the history books,McCann told the LA Times last week. "I think we need stories,...