- v come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
They acquired a new pet
- v take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- v come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- v locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- v win something through one's efforts
I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese
- v gain knowledge or skills
- v gain through experience
I acquired a strong aversion to television
- s gotten through environmental forces
acquired characteristics (such as a suntan or a broken nose) cannot be passed on
- Within three months, hospital-acquired infections at typical ICUs in the state dropped from 2.
- INDIAN BUYER: MITTAL STEEL World's largest steelmaker is Europe based but Indian owned Company acquired: ARCELOR (LUXEMBOURG) Europe's top steel producer.
- Hence his device acquired a new and even grander name: the Universal Turing Machine.
News & Articles
- U.P. hospital is acquired by Tennessee company
Ishpeming — A 25-bed hospital in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has been acquired by a Tennessee company.
June 21, 2013 - Detroit News
- UP hospital is acquired by Tenn. company
ISHPEMING, Mich. (AP) — A 25-bed hospital in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has been acquired by a Tennessee company. Bell Hospital in Ishpeming released a statement Friday, saying it's being sold to LifePoint Hospitals, which has nearly 60 hospitals in 20 states.
June 21, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Makerbot Acquired by Stratasys
Makerbot has been acquired by Stratasys, a 3D printing business, and will merge with a subsidiary of the company, the two companies announced Wednesday afternoon “The last couple of years have been incredibly inspiring and exciting for us,” said Bre Pettis, CEO of Makerbot, in a statement. “We have an aggressive model for growth, and partnering with Stratasys will allow us to supercharge our ...
June 19, 2013 - Mashable
- Thomas Jefferson in Enter Stage Right
Thomas Jefferson wrote, "To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate...
- Rod Thorn in ESPN
The trade we made today provides our franchise with numerous options in the long-term development of our team,Thorn said earlier in a statement. "We believe that in Courtney Lee, we have acquired a young, dynamic player who will be a very...
- Joe Maddon in abc40
That's a fantastic job by the bullpen,Maddon said. "And the offense chipped away. Eric Patterson, acquired last month to provide depth for an injury-depleted Red Sox roster, hit a pair of solo home runs off Tampa Bay starter Matt Garza....