- v pronounce not guilty of criminal charges
- v behave in a certain manner
- s declared not guilty of a specific offense or crime; legally blameless
he stands acquitted on all charges
- Once the four officers accused in the beating were acquitted a year later by a predominantly white jury in the majority white suburb of Simi Valley, all that rage turned into the .
- Three co-defendants were also acquitted of 64 counts after a six-month trial in which the defense called no witnesses.
- General Don Valerian Weylery Nicolau, Marquis of Teneriffe and Duke of Rubi, was acquitted last week by a court-martial in Madrid of the charge (PTI, July 5), that he fomented a .
News & Articles
- Man acquitted of Murray St. dorm fire loses job at school
Paducah Public Schools has terminated the contract of an assistant principal who was acquitted last year in a 1998 dormitory fire at Murray State University that killed one student and injured several others.
June 22, 2013 - WSMV Nashville
- Teacher acquitted of sex offenses
A jury acquitted former Lavaca Middle School teacher Jack James on Thursday of sexual assault and indecency charges that stemmed from accusations of male eighth-graders that he urged them to expose themselves to him during the 2011-2012 school year.
June 21, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Man acquitted of Ky. dorm fire loses job as assistant principal
PADUCAH, Ky. — Paducah Public Schools has terminated the contract of an assistant principal who was acquitted last year in a 1998 dormitory fire at Murray State University that killed one student and injured several others. Assistant Superintendent Donald Shively told The Paducah Sun (http://bit.ly/12fIlBG) that paperwork ending the contract of Jerry Walker was signed June 3 and school board ...
June 21, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- Lindsey Graham in Sify
I think you've acquitted yourself very well for the last several days,Sen. Lindsey Graham, RS.C., said.
- Edward Greenspan in Telegraph.co.uk
His lawyer, Edward Greenspan, said: "He came here to face 13 counts. Conrad Black was acquitted of all the central charges. We intend to appeal. We disagree with the government's position on sentencing. We believe, based on the convictions, the...
- Birgit Nilsson in International Herald Tribune
Placido acquitted himself splendidly. He was an incredibly good Cavaradossi, his acting was superb - he was the part, he loved the part and on top there was gorgeous singing,Nilsson said afterward, according to the foundation.