stack stack /ˈstæk/
- (n) an orderly pile
- (n) (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- (n) a list in which the next item to be removed is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- (n) a large tall chimney through which combustion gases and smoke can be evacuated
- (n) a storage device that handles data so that the next item to be retrieved is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- (v) load or cover with stacks
- (v) arrange in stacks
- (v) arrange the order of so as to increase one's winning chances
- Another big stack of pages is causing concern over at the Senate Armed Services Committee, which is investigating abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.
- So Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa gave it a home that's part funky, part shimmery, an asymmetrical stack of boxes covered by a honeycomb of aluminum.
- Corpses stack up in morgues until those on top crush the identity from the faces underneath.
- Peggy Fletcher Stack has been producing stories for The Salt Lake Tribune's award-winning Faith section for nearly two decades. Writing about contemporary faith, rituals, and spirituality as well as religion's conflicts and cohesion has always been Stack's passion.on June 22, 2013 Source: The Salt Lake Tribune
- AUBURN, Ind., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alert the Untouchables fans, Auctions America will offer the 1960 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster originally purchased by Desi Arnaz for actor Robert Stack at its ...on June 21, 2013 Source: PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Union City Mayor Brian Stack delivers a statement.Jersey Journal file photo Recently, I was blessed to partake in some momentous evenings in Union City's history. Seeing our first female police captain being promoted was very special, and hearing scholars in...on June 16, 2013 Source: The Jersey Journal
- The report goes on to say that Canseco told Mitchell's staff "he had numerous conversations with Clemens about the benefits of Deca-Durabolin and Winstrol and how to 'cycle' and 'stack' steroids."on Feb 8, 2008 By: Jose Canseco Source: USA Today
- "I'm proud to be showing kids that conservation and helping wildlife is a stack of fun," the 8-year-old Bindi said Friday at the Australian launch of "Bindi: The Jungle Girl."on May 25, 2007 By: Bindi Irwin Source: Forbes
- "Kate and Gerry have been treated unjustly and inhumanely, because the evidence does not stack up at all," Sentamu told British Broadcasting Corp. radio.on Sep 16, 2007 By: John Sentamu Source: USA Today