- v fix or determine the value of; assign a value to
- v hold dear
- v regard highly; think much of
- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- v estimate the value of
- s (usually used in combination) having value of a specified kind
- s held in great esteem for admirable qualities especially of an intrinsic nature
a valued friend
- His statement continued: "If the President valued America more than he valued his connection with Karl Rove, Karl Rove would have been fired a long time ago.
- Thirty minutes later they escaped with a haul valued at $15.
- That's because as a universal donor, your blood can be safely transfused to people of any blood type, making it the most valued commodity in the blood bank.
News & Articles
- Matas Is Valued at as Much as 4.89 Billion Kroner in IPO
Matas A/S, the drugstore chain being sold in Denmark’s first initial public offering through a private-equity firm in almost three years, will be valued as high as 4.89 billion kroner ($875 million), the owners said.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Gannett to acquire Belo Corp. in deal valued at $2.2 billion
Gannett Co. has reached an agreement to acquire Belo Corp., owner of 20 big-city television stations, in a deal valued at $2.2 billion.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Royal Bank of Canada seeks wealth acquisitions valued up to C$5 billion: CFO
TORONTO (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Canada could make wealth management acquisitions valued up to $5 billion, the bank's chief financial officer said on Wednesday. The bank is looking to add capacity in asset management on the equity side "given where the fixed-income cycle is," CFO Janice Fukakusa said at the Morgan Stanley U.S. Financials Conference in New York. "We're not betting the bank, so ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in TIME
In the end, this is a symptom of a larger problem - a bubble and bust economy that valued reckless speculation over responsibility and hard work,President Obama said in a statement. "That is what we must ultimately repair to build a...
- Paul Wolfowitz in International Herald Tribune
In his own statement Thursday, Wolfowitz said he was pleased that the board "accepted my assurance that I acted ethically and in good faith in what I believed were the best interests of the institution, including protecting the rights of a valued...
- Jimmy Carter in Los Angeles Times
Carter, in a statement, said Bell's "integrity, professionalism and charm were greatly valued across party lines and presidential administrations."