touching : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the event of something coming in contact with the body
- n the act of putting two things together with no space between them
- v make physical contact with, come in contact with
- v perceive via the tactile sense
Helen Keller felt the physical world by touching people and objects around her
- v affect emotionally
- v be relevant to
- v be in direct physical contact with; make contact
- v have an effect upon
- v deal with; usually used with a form of negation
- v cause to be in brief contact with
- v to extend as far as
- v be equal to in quality or ability
- v tamper with
- v make a more or less disguised reference to
- v comprehend
- v consume
- v color lightly
- s arousing affect
his gratitude was simple and touching
- He denied actually touching her, but photographs suggest that he came quite close.
- Image Source Corbis Why does touching an item increase the likelihood of purchase? The motivation traces back to what behavioral economists have labeled the "endowment effect .
- But there was something touching, if maddening, about her refusal to renounce her love for the boy at the cost of her freedom.
News & Articles
- Chicago Tribune Rips Out ‘We Are Bruins’ Part of Touching Boston Marathon Tribute in Hockey Special Section (Photo)
Not cool, Chicago. Not cool. The Chicago Tribune made one of the most touching tributes to Boston after the city was rocked by the Boston Marathon bombings a couple of months ago. The paper ran an image on the front of its sports section saying “We are” with the logos of the Patriots, Red Sox, […]
June 14, 2013 - New England Sports Network
- Qns teach defends self on stand; accused of touching 3rd & 4th graders
The Queens teacher accused of molesting several students took the stand today to defend his record and vehemently denied any wrongdoing. Simon Watts is accused of touching five students between 2007 and 2010 when he taught third and fourth graders at Jackie Robinson Elementary in Springfield Gardens "I'd like...
June 14, 2013 - New York Post
- In touching video, man sings to wife of 66 years from hospital bed
Suffering from a blood infection and worried that his time might be running short, a Utah man wanted to make sure his wife of 66 years knew how much she meant to him. In a touching video posted on YouTube, James Pinegar, 86, asks his wife, Colleen, 85, to come closer to his hospital bed. “This is special to me,’’ he says before becoming emotional, warbling, “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine ...
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Jeff Weaver in SI.com
I never really had a phone call like that before. It's kind of mind-boggling. Just a few days ago I had talked to him on the phone, touching base again because we were pretty good friends at the time,Weaver said. "It was just hard to...
- Ben Silverman in FOXNews
The fact that our audience is touching this content in a lot of places, it requires us to just be more entrepreneurial in how we can finance that content,said Silverman. "There are so many different partners that we have as a broadcaster...
- Mitt Romney in USA Today
It's touching to have folks remember us fondly,Romney said after voting Tuesday afternoon in Belmont.