- n something that interests you because it is important or affects you
the safety of the ship is the captain's concern
- n an anxious feeling
- n a feeling of sympathy for someone or something
She felt strong concern for those less fortunate
- n something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness
New York traffic is a constant concern
- n a commercial or industrial enterprise and the people who constitute it
a racially integrated business concern
- v be relevant to
- v be on the mind of
News & Articles
- Japan Stocks Extend Selloff on Fed Tightening Concern
Japanese stocks fell, extending yesterday’s slide, amid concern the Federal Reserve may start reducing stimulus this year.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- UK Law Firm Raises Concern over Road Safety as Government Spending on Accident Prevention is Slashed
The Accident Advice Helpline expresses concern over the release of information showing that spending on road safety campaigns has been slashed by almost 80% in the last four years. (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/injury/claim-advice/prweb10622753.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Asia Stock Futures Indicate Weekly Fall on Fed, China Concern
Stock futures in Japan, Hong Kong and Australia declined, indicating the regional equities benchmark will extend this week’s slide, amid concern the Federal Reserve will reduce stimulus and as China’s cash crunch worsened.
June 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Barack Obama in Huffington Post (blog)
Mr. Obama added: "When I see violence directed at peaceful protesters, when I see peaceful dissent being suppressed, wherever that takes place, it is of concern to me and it is of concern to the American people. That is not how governments should...
- Boris Johnson in NDTV.com
When you consider the huge exposure of British pension funds to BP, it starts to become a matter of national concern if a great British company is being continually beaten up on the airwaves,Mr. Johnson told BBC radio's Today program.