- s arousing affect
poignant grief cannot endure forever
- s keenly distressing to the mind or feelings
- Her poignant personal story drew a lot of attention in the media.
- The author talked about his first novel, a delicate, poignant modern romance about a shy village girl.
- The poignant tale of love ended in a tragedy with both the lovers jumping off the cliff to escape ostracism.
News & Articles
- Space Shuttle astronaut delivers out of this world presentation to students at St. Mark School in Bristol
BRISTOL BOROUGH - It was a poignant final landing in July 2011 for the Space Shuttle Atlantis because it signaled the end of NASA’s space shuttle program. But ship commander, Capt. Chris Ferguson, still has his head in the stars with a new career at Boeing in Philadelphia, where new spaceships with longer reaches into the universe are making their way from the drawing board to the assembly line.
June 12, 2013 - Bristol Pilot
- Review: 'Ain't in It for My Health' a fitting tribute to the late Levon Helm
Jacob Hatley's twilight-time portrait evocatively captures the ailing yet genial musician as he assembles a comeback album, 'Dirt Farmer.' Loose and ragtag, stirring and poignant, the documentary "Ain't in It for My Health: A Film About Levon Helm" proves a fitting tribute to its late star, perhaps best known as the singer-drummer of the influential late-1960s and '70s folk-rock group the Band.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Last meeting for three Mid-Prairie principals
The Monday Mid-Prairie School Board meeting ended on a poignant note. It was the last time three principals would be attending in an official role. Retiring are High School Principal Gerry Beeler, Middle School Principal Nancy Hurd and Wellman and Washington Township Elementary Principal Evan Parrott.
June 12, 2013 - The Kalona News
- Charles Gibson in Forbes
He had an inexhaustible supply of stories - most funny, many poignant, all with a point or a punch line,Gibson said.
- Robbie Williams in Accidental Sexiness (blog)
It's not only a celebration of my past but also a bridge to the future,Williams said to Hello Magazine. "The fact that part of the future includes a name from my past makes it all the more poignant for me."