- n a white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative
- n an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
- n informal terms for money
- v sweeten with sugar
sugar your tea
- Diet-friendly sugar substitutes may not be so slimming after all.
- While the four Federal agencies are carrying on their four separate investigations of the alleged sugar gouge whereby the price of sugar was pushed up to 10 cents a pound .
- A new angle was put on the investigations into the sudden rise in the price of sugar from seven to ten cents by charges of Senator Reed Smoot of Utah against sugar refiners.
News & Articles
- Sugar Grove awarded $400k grant
SUGAR GROVE—Sugar Grove Park District was recently awarded a $400k grant via the Open Space Land Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) grant to create a project which will provide recreational opportunities for the Sugar Grove community. A cooperative recreational project started by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources in 1986, the OSLAD grant has been an [...]
June 14, 2013 - Elburn Herald
- Raw Sugar Rebounds After Brazil Ethanol Rally; Coffee Advances
Raw sugar rose in New York after four sessions of declines as higher ethanol prices in Brazil, the leading producer of the sweetener, spurred speculation millers will use more cane to make the biofuel. Coffee gained.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Sugar Cube opening brick-and-mortar in Northeast Portland
The former Sugar Cube food cart is opening a brick-and-mortar shop in Northeast Alberta Street's former Dovetail Bakery space.
June 14, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Robert Menendez in USA Today
I have no interest in sugar-coating what happened,Sen. Robert Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat who heads the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, said in a letter to supporters. "We cannot take a single thing for granted and cannot...
- James Dobson in Boston Globe
Given these and many other concerns, a spoonful of sugar does not make the medicine go down,Dobson said. "I cannot, and I will not vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience."
- Robert Zoellick in Forbes
If you don't take on the banking issue, the stimulus is just like a sugar high. It pushes some energy into the system but then you get the letdown unless you reopen the credit markets,World Bank President Robert Zoellick said, speaking in...