- n goods or money obtained illegally
- n informal terms for money
- v take illegally; of intellectual property
- v steal goods; take as spoils
During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners
- Consider, for instance, the brazen criminality of Conyers, who once ordered a bagman to "get my loot" from a shakedown target.
- The accused: Imelda Marcos, widow of the exiled Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos, charged with helping him loot $220 million from their country's treasury.
- These mostly were driven by Iraqi soldiers bugging out from Kuwait City, carrying along staggering loads of loot and Kuwaiti civilians apparently to be used as hostages; the .
News & Articles
- Police: Pa. wedding guest stole, hid loot in bra
CHICORA, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with stealing money from cards brought to a wedding reception she was attending — and trying to hide the loot in her bra. State police say...
June 12, 2013 - Rome News-Tribune
- Police: Wedding Guest Stole, Hid Loot In Bra At Reception
CHICORA, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with stealing money from cards brought to a wedding reception she was attending — and trying to hide the loot in her bra. State police say 40-year-old Jennifer Ann Martz, of Chicora, attended Saturday's wedding with her boyfriend, who was an invited guest. The Butler Eagle reports guests found 11 cards missing from a gift table and ...
June 12, 2013 - Local 12 Cincinnati
- Free-to-play Mighty Quest for Epic Loot enters closed beta
Ubisoft announced that its free-to-play PC action-RPG The Mighty Quest of Epic Loot has entered closed beta ahead of a public release later this year. More information and signups are available at themightyquest.com , which currently seems to be under a bit of strain due to an influx of visitors. You might want to try that link later. Free-to-play Mighty Quest for Epic Loot enters closed beta ...
June 10, 2013 - Joystiq
- Vladimir Putin in International Herald Tribune
There are those who, skillfully using pseudo-democratic rhetoric, would like to return to the recent past - some to loot the country's national riches, to rob the people and the state; others to strip us of economic and political independence,...
- Roza Otunbayeva in The Australian
We ask you not to give in to provocations, or to destroy and loot the property of ordinary citizens. Some of us were killed and wounded, and we must do everything in our power to help them,Ms Otunbayeva added.
- Eddie Murphy in FOXNews
I've been rolling since I was 18. I've been chillin',Murphy told APTN. "Every now and then you might have a movie that's wacky and don't make some loot, but that ain't the end of the world. You just keep it moving."