- n food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked
- n informal terms for money
- v cover with bread crumbs
bread the pork chops before frying them
- THERE is an old saying that philosophy bakes no bread.
- The Beyond Westinghouse breadmaker recognizes a particular bread or cake mix with a swipe of the barcode and configures its own settings accordingly.
- Recycle bread and make it into Chocolate Bread Parfait, Panzanella, Artichoke and Bread Fritatta or Peach Lasagna.
News & Articles
- Savory Asparagus & Morel Mushroom Bread Pudding
We are all familiar with bread pudding for a dessert but until recently I had never experienced savory bread pudding and can’t believe I hadn’t tried it sooner. A mushroom forager came by the restaurant the other day with some nice, fresh, local morel mushrooms. I had some asparagus and was looking for a new dish to put on our menu and this is what I came up with. It makes an amazing side dish ...
June 16, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Panera Bread coming to Michigan City
MICHIGAN CITY — A Panera Bread is on its way to Michigan City.
June 15, 2013 - The Michigan City News-Dispatch
- Bread and Butter Band making Savannah debut
The Bread and Butter Band of Asheville, N.C., is coming to Savannah June 14 and 15 for the first time as a group, but its members are hardly strangers here.
June 13, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Jose Carreras in Forbes
I remember that last time I was visiting him in his town in Modena, at his home, he was preparing some special bread and tomato for me together with prosciutto. He was entertaining also in the gastronomic aspect that he liked very much,...
- Thomas Jefferson in American Spectator
The sum of good government, as Thomas Jefferson said, is one that is "wise and frugal [and that] shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned."
- Dave Prentis in United Press International
The pounds in local government workers' pockets are turning to pennies,Unison's general secretary Dave Prentis said. "The cost of everyday essentials like milk, bread, petrol, gas and electricity are going through the roof."