- v lose velocity; move more slowly
- v become slow or slower
- v cause to proceed more slowly
The illness slowed him down
- a not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time
a slow walker
the slow lane of traffic
her steps were slow
he was slow in reacting to the news
slow but steady growth
- a at a slow tempo
the band played a slow waltz
- s slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
worked with the slow students
- a (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time
the clock is slow
- s so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- s (of business) not active or brisk
business is dull (or slow)
- r without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly')
he spoke slowly
please go slow so I can see the sights
- r of timepieces
the clock is almost an hour slow
- One of the bizarre predictions of Einstein's General Relativity is that time runs more slowly in a strong gravitational field.
- Can one person slow global warming? Actually, yes.
News & Articles
- Slow No-Wake Speed Limit in Effect on St. Croix River
A slow no-wake speed limit is now in effect on the St. Croix River from Taylors Falls to Prescott...
June 26, 2013 - 5 Eyewitness News St. Paul
- Slow crabbing season begins to show signs of improvement
Crabbing has been slow this season, but Chris Pritchett of North said it picked up some over the past week or so. He caught 16 bushels of crabs on Tuesday, up from only seven or eight bushels daily in weeks past. He said he’s catching more females and cushion crabs now.
June 26, 2013 - Gloucester-Mathews Gazette-Journal
- Slow growth blamed for lower Lavonia tax digest
Another year of slow economic growth for the city is being cited as the reason for an only moderate rise in its fiscal year 2013 tax digest
June 26, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- President Bush in FederalNewsRadio.com
Bush said the employment snapshot was "clearly a sign that is consistent with slow economic growth."
- Barack Obama in Salon
In one famous speech (heavily mocked on the right), then-candidate Obama said that his administration would be remembered as "the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
- Ben Bernanke in ABC News
Bernanke said he and his colleagues believe economic activity will "slow noticeably in the fourth quarter" compared to the 3.9 percent pace of the third quarter.