- r without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly')
he spoke slowly
- r in music
- Guiyu, China breaks down much of the world's discarded electronics, slowly poisoning itself in the processPhotographs by Chien-min Chung Reportage by Getty.
- Provided that rates climb slowly, a growing economy can absorb the incremental costs because profits, income and jobs are also on the rise.
- With more than a quarter of its top policy posts yet to be filled, the Nixon Administration has been making haste slowlyvery slowlyin putting its stamp on the federal.
News & Articles
- Austria may delay peacekeepers' withdrawal from Golan
VIENNA (Reuters) - Austria may withdraw its peacekeeping troops from the Golan Heights more slowly than first planned to allow the United Nations extra time to arrange an orderly handover, Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger said on Tuesday. The United Nations has asked Vienna to keep soldiers in the buffer zone between Syria and Israel until the end of July, a month longer than the four-week ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Gas Prices Beginning to Fall in the Stateline
Slowly but surely, gas prices are starting to fall in the Stateline.
June 17, 2013 - WIFR Rockford
- Man Faces DUI Charge After Driving Slowly On Interstate 95
Rhode Island State Police say a man driving in Providence with two children in the back seat of his SUV was stopped by troopers after they received calls of a possibly intoxicated motorist going slowly, drifting from lane to lane, and nearly hitting other vehicles on Route 95 South.
June 17, 2013 - CBS Boston
- Carlos Queiroz in The Associated Press
Brazil played very strongly in the first few minutes, but after that initial period of domination Portugal slowly started to control the game. In the end, the draw was a fair result,coach Carlos Queiroz said. "Portugal advanced with merits...
- Patric Verrone in Los Angeles Times
This is not an action that anyone takes lightly,said Patric M. Verrone, president of the Writers Guild of America, West, at a news conference Friday. "But it slowly became apparent that the studios are not prepared to deal fairly with...
- Ana Ivanovic in Reuters India
I kept my composure even when I was making a few mistakes. I knew I just had to work my way slowly into the match,Ivanovic, who converted only five of her 20 break point chances, told reporters. "I was just happy to use the chances I had...