- n abstaining from food
- v abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons
Catholics sometimes fast during Lent
- v abstain from eating
Before the medical exam, you must fast
- a acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly
on the fast track in school
set a fast pace
a fast car
- a (used of timepieces) indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time
my watch is fast
- a at a rapid tempo
the band played a fast fox trot
- s (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds
a fast road
grass courts are faster than clay
- s resistant to destruction or fading
- s unrestrained by convention or morality
- s hurried and brief
a fast visit
- s securely fixed in place
- s unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
- s (of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time
a fast lens
- r quickly or rapidly (often used as a combining form)
how fast can he get here?
ran as fast as he could
needs medical help fast
fast-opening (or fast-closing) shutters
- r firmly or closely
held fast to the rope
her foot was stuck fast
- Self-accelerating technologies--computers that make faster computers, for example--may have a destabilizing effect on society.
- Just as the Christian Lent produced the custom of Mardi gras, so the Moslem fast of Ramadan, ninth and holiest month of the lunar calendar, has long led to peculiar .
- After Inter Milan soccer star Sulley Montari s fasting prompted his coach, Jose Mourinho, to remove him from a game, the traditional Muslim holy month of Ramadan is back in the .
News & Articles
- Fast Park Invests in Significant Upgrades, Adds Nearly 1,700 Spaces at Austin-Bergstrom Facility
Fast Park, a leading offsite airport parking company with a facility at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, is growing its presence in Austin. (PRWeb June 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10832236.htm
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- Fast Food Advertising Doesn't Work on Me
If fast food advertising worked, my purchases at such establishments would be very different. I don't care for the Whataburger marketing, but their burger is my choice among fast food restaurants. They outshine hamburgers from Sonic, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Burger King, and McDonald's.
June 16, 2013 - The Gilmer Mirror
- Fast and Fraudulent?
Fast n' loud. Great name for a TV show about cars, not so great a description of the 2013 BMW M5. Oh, it’s plenty speedy, thanks to a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 good for least 560 hp.
June 16, 2013 - Fox News
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
We are headed in the right direction,the president said from Andrews Air Force base, "But, as I was reminded on a trip to Racine, Wisconsin, earlier this week, we're not headed there fast enough for a lot of Americans. We're not headed...
- Timothy Geithner in ABC News
What matters is how far and how fast the renminbi appreciates,Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said in a statement issued with the report.
- Donnie Walsh in The Associated Press
We've had to live through some tough times in order to get where you think you start rebuilding the franchise,Walsh said. "We have that opportunity now. How well, how fast we can rebuild the team can be shortcut by getting great players."