immobile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a not capable of movement or of being moved
- s securely fixed in place
- In a videotape released in December, bin Laden looked sallow; his speech was slow, and his left arm immobile.
- Some of the Pokemon are brought to life by "little people" in costume, and others are puppets, but most are just immobile dummies that get pushed around the stage by members of the .
- Damon gives nothing awayhis face as stone-cold immobile here as it is in the Bourne films, which pretty much means he's perfect for the role.
News & Articles
- Agent: Harper didn't have 'operative procedure''
Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper had "no operative procedures" during his visit Monday with orthopedist James Andrews, his agent Scott Boras told the Washington Post. Harper was spotted at an Atlanta airport wearing a knee brace, and the photo was uploaded to Twitter. Boras said the brace was a precaution "just to keep [the] knee immobile." Boras specifically listed arthroscopic ...
June 11, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Imposters Using Iconic Commercial to Dupe Seniors
By Matt Gephardt Produced by Michelle Poe Edited by Ryan Malavolta Photography by Dan Dixon (KUTV) Mike Roundy is hardly an immobile senior citizen. At 71, he rides his bike several miles every day around Pineview Reservoir near his Eden, Utah home. ...
June 7, 2013 - KUTV Salt Lake City
- 8 on Your Side: Broken Walker Strands Las Vegas Man
A Las Vegas man was stuck in his home and immobile because of a faulty piece of medical equipment. He called 8 on Your Side and got results.
June 6, 2013 - KLAS Las Vegas
- Mike Enzi in Forbes
At long last,said Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo. "Decades passed. The bears increased in number. The federal government stood immobile. Today that is finally changing. Grizzly management will shift to the state where it should be."
- Derren Brown in Telegraph.co.uk
Brown said: "The second show is a piece of media which will be played to the viewing nation - that will have the effect of rendering them immobile. Not all of them, but it will basically stick a lot of people to their seats. It's safe, it won't work...
- Paul Shapiro in Detroit Free Press
They can't spread their wings, they can't walk, they're virtually immobile,Shapiro said.