- v corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- s unrestrained by convention or morality
Congreve draws a debauched aristocratic society
- The best ones are about debauched Britons abroad.
- The debauched Sodomites (hence the modern-day slur) demand that Lot hand over the angels for what seems, on close reading, to be a gang-rape.
- He cited challenges to Christianity in Australia, Africa and even in England and quoted a biblical verse recounting God's need for a hero in a debauched land, to "stand in the gap.
News & Articles
- Snow fright! X-rated sex-and booze-fueled version of Disney classic hits NY in artist's latest shock exhibit
Image courtesy the artist and Hauser & Wirth. Photographer: Joshua White. It’s Snow White and her dwarves as Disney has never shown them — demented, debauched and just plain dirty. And Disney doesn’t fare any better. Paul McCarthy, who unleashed the big red Balloon Dog at this spring’s Art...
June 19, 2013 - New York Post
- First Trailer For Scorsese’s ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Drops, Hard
Leonardo DiCaprio gets wild, debauched and very very inappropriate in the first trailer for director Martin Scorsese’s highly anticipated The Wolf of Wall Street — and the good news is he’s not alone. The actor, who is well known for playing entitled playboys, definitely steps up the outrageous factor in his fifth re-team with Scorsese and... Read more » First Trailer For Scorsese’s ‘The Wolf Of ...
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Janice Rogers Brown in Washington Post
For instance, Brown said in an April 2000 speech, "where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. . . . The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral...
- Mario Testino in ABCmoney.co.uk
I have to say I'm not a witness to seeing her debauched or out of control. I know Kate very well and I don't think she's at all tormented, torrid, depressed,said Testino in an interview that is to be broadcast on BBC radio.
- Alan Ramsey in Sydney Morning Herald (blog)
In his book 'A Matter of Opinion' journo Alan Ramsey called Howard "this scheming, mendacious little man whose government, incompetent in almost everything except mediocrity, debauched his word and the people's trust, along with voter's gullibility,...