- v corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- v lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions
The pedestrian misdirected the out-of-town driver
- v put a wrong address on
misdirect the letter
- As usual, the Ford PR department did what it could to misdirect and dissemble.
- They moved so many road signs and town markers in order to misdirect Soviet troops that it was impossible for a stranger to find his way without constantly consulting a map.
- Those who brief, cajole, artfully misdirect or just plain herd the press on behalf of big-time politicians obey a few crucial rules of the road to keep their bosses (and themselves .
News & Articles
- THE RIDE: Which service best to expand?
Entrepreneurs look for revenue-generators that won’t complicate or misdirect their businesses. The founder of a management consulting and coaching business, and co-founders of an energy-efficiency service and analysis business worked through the obstacle.
July 6, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- State of Illinois is just disastrous
For decades, Springfield funded chronic overspending by shorting or skipping pension contributions. Now they misdirect blame onto participants of state pension systems, to grease the politically easiest "fix." This faces two basic obstacles: unions, and that pesky constitution clause mandating state pensions be neither impaired nor diminished. read more
July 5, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Jacob Zuma in Reuters South Africa
I don't think we should worry about angry people. They are likely to take your time, your effort and misdirect it,Zuma told an ANC Women's League function on Monday night, according to SABC.
- James Moore in The Wire Report
They will find any excuse to oppose this bill, to drum up fear, to mislead, to misdirect and push people in the wrong direction, and to undermine what has been a meaningful, year-long, comprehensive effort to get something right,Moore said.
- J Edgar Hoover in Center for Research on Globalization
J. Edgar Hoover said it was to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit or otherwise neutralize (meaning assassinate)" black organizations like the Black Panthers the FBI wanted to destroy and pretty much did.