- v corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
Socrates was accused of corrupting young men
corrupt the morals
- v make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- v place under suspicion or cast doubt upon
- v alter from the original
- a lacking in integrity
humanity they knew to be corrupt...from the day of Adam's creation
a corrupt and incompetent city government
- a not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive
- s containing errors or alterations
a corrupt text
spoke a corrupted version of the language
- s touched by rot or decay
`corrupt' is archaic
- That was generous of them, and foolish, since the film (and the Allen Drury novel on which it was based) portrays Washington as almost systemically corrupt.
- McCAIN: He should speak out that this is a corrupt, fraud, sham of an election.
- Power breeds competence, not corruption, according to a new study in the May issue of Psychological Science .
News & Articles
- Thinking about money can corrupt you
Thinking about money can corrupt you
June 17, 2013 - CNNMoney.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Prosecutor: John Martorano’s a charmer
The Florida prosecutor who used admitted murderer John Martorano’s testimony to put away corrupt ex-FBI agent John J. Connolly said the former hit man apparently intimidated jurors at first but eventually charmed them. Martorano will be on the witness stand today in the federal trial of James “Whitey” Bulger, and defense attorneys have indicated they intend to discredit him.
June 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- After 20 years, hunt for fugitive Sicilian Mafia boss intensifies
Cosa Nostra boss Matteo Messina Denaro, believed to have killed 50 people, is protected by a network of family and allies, perhaps including corrupt officials. But investigators may be closing in. ROME — Each day, Giacomo Di Giralomo makes a point of asking, "Where are you, Matteo?" on his talk radio show, which is broadcast across western Sicily.
June 16, 2013 - Los Angeles Times