- v bend or cause to bend
He crooked his index finger
- a having or marked by bends or angles; not straight or aligned
crooked country roads
- a not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive
- s irregular in shape or outline
a dress with a crooked hemline
- s having the back and shoulders rounded; not erect
- At 39, Rowling is a tall handsome woman with a long face, a slightly crooked nose and interestingly hooded eyes.
- Tran says her workshops have helped increase mobility in clients with partial facial paralysis and problems like crooked smiles.
- The students, both black and white, know it is crooked.
News & Articles
- Innovative chicken coops can be really chic
This 'Crooked Coop' in Clinton, Wash. is reminiscent of a fairy tale house of Dr. Seuss. Designer chicken coops are becoming a new kind of yard art and many poultry raisers are being upfront about it — using the outbuildings as extensions of their homes.
June 14, 2013 - Daily Journal
- 'Magic City' captures Miami Beach's glamorous past
MIAMI (AP) — Miami Beach's resort hotels showed guests a tropical paradise when they were built in the 1950s, but just beyond the sunny facade was a shady, more dangerous world. Funded by the mob and crooked union bosses, the resorts attracted the rich, the famous and the powerful just as South Florida was undergoing rapid political and social change.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Crooked River National Grassland in central Oregon gets own map from U.S. Forest Service
For some unknown reason, the map leaves off two road bridges in the Cove Palisades State Park: stout steel bridges that cross the Crooked River Arm and the Deschutes River Arm.
June 12, 2013 - The Oregonian