- n United States painter (born in England) of portraits and historical scenes (1783-1872)
- n French statesman (1560-1641)
- v place under suspicion or cast doubt upon
sully someone's reputation
- v make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically
- v charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone
- Byronic hair Michael Chabon? Why would an esteemed, respectable literary novelist like Chabon want to sully his fancy-pants reputation with a mystery novel?.
- Two events sully Plainview's idealism.
- The fighter reluctantly confronts those who would sully his name and game, wins some sort of conditional victory over them.
News & Articles
- Live Chat at 1 - Sully on Sports | The Buffalo News
Just a reminder that I'll be chatting live from the News at 1 p.m. today. Sorry if you were looking for the Bucky and Sully Show at 10 a.m. Bucky is on vacation and Harrington had baseball commitments. The video will return next week at its regularly scheduled time.
June 21, 2013 - The Buffalo News Blogs
- Family Fare: Sully's serves up a big arcade in a typical sports bar
Mathew, left, and James, both 6, wait for mom, Diane Dale, to order at Sully's Sports Bar and Grill one recent Friday evening in the Tamarack Junction Casino.
June 21, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Taylor Spreitler: Kisses for Sully at 'Monsters University' Premiere
Taylor Spreitler and Melissa Joan Hart give Sully a kiss on the carpet at the premiere of Monsters University held at the El Capitan Theatre on Monday evening (June 17) in Hollywood. The 19-year-old actress wore an Astr dress with NYC jacket and Top Shop heels for the event. PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics [...]
June 18, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Lance Armstrong in International Herald Tribune
NEW YORK: Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong said doping charges leveled in a new book by Irish writer David Walsh are recycled allegations designed to "cash in on my name and sully my reputation."
- Steny Hoyer in guardian.co.uk
Steny Hoyer, the Democrat majority leader in the House of Representatives, described GuantÃ¡namo this week as "an international disgrace that every day continues to sully this great nation's reputation".
- Barry Trotz in ESPN
That was a good night for Sully,Nashville Coach Barry Trotz said. "A couple of those goals, Steve got the goals, but what plays and passes JP made, he froze everybody and found Sully back door."