- n an advantageous purchase
the stock was a real buy at that price
- v obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction
She buys for the big department store
- v make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- v be worth or be capable of buying
This sum will buy you a ride on the train
- v acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange
She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work
- v accept as true
I can't buy this story
- Buy days mean paydays And paydays mean better days So buy, buy! Something that you need today!To the tune of I Know That You Know, a 45-voice chorus roared out.
- PTI Digital's comprehensive guide to where to buy online .
- Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a lot of fun toys.
- John McCain in Bloomberg
I would order the secretary of Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes,McCain said tonight during their second debate, a town hall-style forum at Belmont University...
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
Some on Wall Street forgot that behind every dollar traded or leveraged, there's family looking to buy a house, or pay for an education, open a business, save for retirement,Obama told an audience that included Lloyd Blankfein, chairman and...
- President Bush in Forbes
It's not the government's job to bail out speculators or those who made the decision to buy a home they knew they could never afford,Bush said in the Rose Garden. "Yet there are many American homeowners who could get through this difficult...