- n the activity of persuading someone to buy
it was a hard sell
- v exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent
She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit
- v be sold at a certain price or in a certain way
These books sell like hot cakes
- v persuade somebody to accept something
The French try to sell us their image as great lovers
- v do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
The brothers sell shoes
- v give up for a price or reward
- v be approved of or gain acceptance
- v be responsible for the sale of
- v deliver to an enemy by treachery
- The first rule of investing: buy low and sell high.
- The Triqui Indians sell young girls in marriage.
- Millions of people fell in love with the customizable suburbanites of The Sims, which became the best-selling PC game of all time.
- Kent Conrad in ABC News
If I'm a business person, it's unlikely if you give me a several-thousand-dollar credit that I'm going to hire people if I can't sell the products they're producing,said Sen. Kent Conrad, DN.D., a member of the Senate Finance Committee after...
- Julia Gillard in Sydney Morning Herald
I did outline a vision and the vision was for a regional processing centre, and that is important because it completely undercuts the people-smuggling market because they no longer have a product to sell,Ms Gillard said. "I'm not going to...