- n the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services
Venice was an important center of trade with the East
they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade
- n the skilled practice of a practical occupation
he learned his trade as an apprentice
- n the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers
- n a particular instance of buying or selling
I had no further trade with him
- n people who perform a particular kind of skilled work
as they say in the trade
- n steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator
they rode the trade winds going west
- n an equal exchange
- v engage in the trade of
- v turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase
trade in an old car for a new one
- v be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions
The stock traded around $20 a share
- v exchange or give (something) in exchange for
- v do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
- Asian countries are avidly pursuing regional free-trade agreements, with potentially dramatic consequences for the global economy.
- Wrapped up in tight security and trade rivalries, will Quebec City be a step forward?.
- The trade in Asian relicswhether legally obtained or lootedis booming, driven by demand from wealthy Western and Eastern collectors seeking to decorate their SoHo lofts and .
News & Articles
- Trade Center board OKs budget, re-elects officers
The Georgia International and Maritime Trade Center Authority on Wednesday gave final approval to its budget for the year that begins July 1.
June 14, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- NBA Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz on Possible Deals
With the NBA draft less than two weeks away, the trade rumors should kick into high gear soon. After either the Miami Heat or San Antonio Spurs are crowned as champions, the trade talk will pick up even more. The current buzz centers around teams willing to move draft picks, the possible movement of veteran players and the eternal pursuit of Dwight Howard . Here is a breakdown of the most recent ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Trade Monitoring Group Warns Of "Stealth" Protectionism
Trade Monitoring Group Warns Of "Stealth" Protectionism
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Charles Schumer in The Associated Press
It is only strong legislation that will get the Chinese to change and will stop jobs and wealth from flowing out of America as a result of unfair trade policies,he said in a statement.
- President Bush in Bloomberg
Nations must focus on "the fundamentals of long-term economic growth: free markets, free enterprise and free trade," Bush said.
- Sander Levin in BusinessWeek
China's currency has "appreciated only modestly" since last month's policy shift, Levin said. "There is no real question that China's exchange-rate policy is unfair, contributes to global trade imbalances, and costs the United States jobs and...