- n control consisting of a mechanical or electrical or electronic device for making or breaking or changing the connections in a circuit
- n an event in which one thing is substituted for another
- n hairpiece consisting of a tress of false hair; used by women to give shape to a coiffure
- n railroad track having two movable rails and necessary connections; used to turn a train from one track to another or to store rolling stock
- n a flexible implement used as an instrument of punishment
- n a basketball maneuver; two defensive players shift assignments so that each guards the player usually guarded by the other
- n the act of changing one thing or position for another
his switch on abortion cost him the election
- v change over, change around, as to a new order or sequence
- v exchange or give (something) in exchange for
- v lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
switch to a different brand of beer
She switched psychiatrists
- v make a shift in or exchange of; then we switched"
- v cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation
switch on the light
- v flog with or as if with a flexible rod
- v reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- We also know how to get off of oil and coal and switch to efficiency and renewables that whole transition we call reinventing fire and it's going to work better and cost .
- He still defends his decision to flip the switch "If I watch TV at home, and then go into another room, I switch the lights off in the lounge; people shouldn't expect the .
- That switch, he said, appears to be the loudest statement of disapproval Specter can make about the Republicans and not necessarily an endorsement of the Democrats.
News & Articles
- LA Senator Guillory Defends His Party Switch
State Senator Elbert Guillory is speaking out about his decision to switch from democrat to republican. Some have called it a bold move, but Guillory disputes that. In a video posted on Youtube, Guillory explains his rationale for making the switch, which is something he's done before. Guillory was previously a republican and served on the Republican State Central Committee. He switched to the ...
June 19, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Research and Markets: Global Carrier Ethernet Switch and Router Market 2012-2016 - Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei ...
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Carrier Ethernet Switch and Router Market 2012-201
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Mechanical Vibration Switch offers fine linear adjustment.
Along with respective measurement and frequency ranges of 0–10 g pk and 0–6,000 cpm (0–100 Hz), Model 685A09 Linear Adjust Mechanical Vibration Switch features linear trip adjustment of ~1/4 turn per g that optimizes control over trip sensitivity. Other features include DPDT relay, 10 A dry contacts, and remote reset options of 120 and 240 Vac as well as 24 Vdc. Applications ...
June 18, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in 940 News
The Republicans aren't going to give up without a fight,Clinton said. "And no matter how beautiful your rhetoric, the Republicans aren't going to turn off their attack machine - it doesn't have an off-switch."
- Antonin Scalia in ABC News
Scalia wrote "the game of bait-and-switch that today's opinion plays upon the nation's commander in chief will make the war harder on us. It will almost certainly cause more Americans to be killed."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
It's hard to deny that some of the contagion did start on Wall Street,Obama said, asserting that some firms took "wild and unjustified risks" and some government regulators were "asleep at the switch."