- n a proper fraction whose denominator is a power of 10
- n a number in the decimal system
- s numbered or proceeding by tens; based on ten
the decimal system
- Familiar decimal numbers, which are composed of the ten digits, 0 through 9, must be translated into binary notation before they are fed into a computer.
- Online brokerage firm that just went decimal 26.
- Britain faces another Dday, but this time the D stands for decimal.
- Tony Pua in The Malaysian Insider
While the value of (the RM6.5 billion) contract for food items would have certainly raised eyebrows, I'd like to believe that there are some decimal point errors involved,said Pua.
- Joaquin Almunia in International Herald Tribune
I think the growth forecast will be maintained within a decimal point either way,Almunia said. "Inflation is basically under control."
- Gianni Paladini in Telegraph.co.uk
There is now a huge concern over the club's future,Paladini said. "Flavio has made it plain that if one decimal point moves on the agreed price, he doesn't want to know. There is no one else ready to step in."