- n abstaining from food
- v abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons
- v abstain from eating
- Users may leave wedding notices, participate in meditations, create memorials and read articles on topics from fasting to Kosher sex.
- What better time than a Friday, the Islamic holy day, during Ramadan, the month of fasting and prayer, the same day as the Jewish feast of Purim, which commemorates the killing of .
- Senior Scientist Rufus Bowden of the Animal Health Trust: "An animal doesn't understand what fasting is.
News & Articles
- New black belts in Taekwondo
Master Ken's XMAC held Black Belt Testing on June 8. Four of the new Black Belts completed the three days of fasting and more than two hours of non-stop testing.
June 11, 2013 - The Advertiser-News
- Health opportunities abound Saturday
Residents will be able to get low-cost laboratory tests done, learn about nutrition and obesity prevention and spend time with a doctor while browsing for fruits and vegetables Saturday. The Del Norte Community Health Fair will feature fasting glucose tests and comprehensive metabolic panels, or chem panels, for $5, said Melody Cannon, public health program manager for the county. Men will be ...
June 8, 2013 - The Daily Triplicate
- Saudi Silence on Deadly MERS Virus Outbreak Frustrates World Health Experts
Over the next few weeks officials at the World Health Organization (WHO) face a tough and politically charged call. The Muslim month of fasting, Ramadan, begins July 9 and could draw as many as two million people from around the globe to the holy sites of Saudi Arabia in a pilgrimage called umrah . But a new disease, called Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome, or MERS, could threaten them. [More]
June 7, 2013 - Scientific American
- Mia Farrow in FOXNews
I have been instructed by my doctor to stop my fast immediately due to health concerns - including possible seizures. I am fortunate. The women, children and men I am fasting for do not have this option,Farrow said.
- Winston Churchill in Times of India
When the Mahatma went on hunger strike during World War II, Churchill told the cabinet: "Gandhi should not be released on the account of a mere threat of fasting. We should be rid of a bad man and an enemy of the Empire if he died."
- Norm Coleman in New Jersey Jewish News
Coleman called Yom Kippur a "time of fasting, soul-searching, and refocusing on your life."