- n a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens
- n the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment
- n a strongly fortified defensive structure
- The Karakoram fastness of northern Kashmir is an area no men ever inhabited, and only a few had traversed, before Pakistani and Indian troops moved in to wage a bitter conflict .
- Tribesmen supporting the Imam poured out of their mountain fastness to launch a successful attack on Razeh, near the Saudi Arabian border.
- The Maoist guerrilla leader was a creature of myth no one knew what he looked like, or in which mountain fastness he hid, or quite how he and his fighters, ragtag and ill .
News & Articles
- Color Printer Inks adhere to porous papers and kraft board.
Available for 2300 Series of large character ink jet printers, M515-K Red, M516-K Orange, M517-K Green, M518-K Blue, M519-K Purple, and M520-K Yellow expand visual and functional coding capabilities. Pigmented formulations deliver increased UV light fastness, water resistance, and fade resistance over dye-based inks. Adhering to plain and coated paper packaging, inks are suited for brand ...
Aug. 16, 2013 - ThomasNet