dense : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter
- s hard to pass through because of dense growth
- s having high relative density or specific gravity
dense as lead
- s slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
so dense he never understands anything I say to him
- All Star Superman isn't bound by DC-universe continuity, so the sky isn't even close to the limit: time machines, nanonauts, sun-eaters, a super-dense sphere of black kryptonite .
- The darkly dense forests here stimulate the imagination.
- Low-cost and low-interest loans enabled the working class to flee dense cities for the new suburbs, while cheap cars and cheaper gasoline supported their long commutes to urban .
News & Articles
- China Sets New Rules Aimed at Curbing Air Pollution
The move to improve air quality is a response to the dense smog that has repeatedly enveloped Beijing and other major Chinese cities in recent years.
June 15, 2013 - New York Times
- RAID Inc. Launches Ultra-Dense, High Performance 4U 60-Bay Dual Server Node Solution
RAID Incorporated, an end-to-end customized solutions provider in HPC, Big Data, and Virtualized Environments, today launches its newest ultra-dense, high performance solution, the 4U 60-Bay Ability Storage ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Dense fog advisory welcomes in week; strong storms possible Tuesday and Wednesday
Austin is under a dense fog advisory this morning through 9 a.m., as the National Weather Services is warning of visibility of a quarter mile or less in places. The weather service is also warning of the potential for severe thunderstorms Tuesday night into Wednesday, especially south of Interstate 90. The storms bring the potential [...]
June 10, 2013 - Austin Daily Herald
- Dan Brown in USA Today
Eventually, there were enough Indians in Edison to change the culture. At which point my townsfolk started calling the new Edisonians 'dot heads'. One kid I knew in high school drove down an Indian-dense street yelling for its residents to 'go home... Joel Stein http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Stein&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6uH5ot4xMOU_6r7ZvRQagUyFfoQ Times of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/indians-abroad/Time-magazine-apologises-to-Indian-Americans-for-My-Own-Private-India/articleshow/6138025.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFTJywm7fzuE_LpqxDslg1wVO0F4w Jul 6, 2010
26440 35189 dense It held my attention, kept me turning pages, and reminded me how much fun it could be to read," Brown writes. "The simplicity of the prose and the efficiency of the story line was less cumbersome than the dense novels of my schooldays, and I...
- Seth Green in Los Angeles Times (blog)
In the press release, Green says "The 'Star Wars' universe is so dense and rich; it's crazy to think that there aren't normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined."