- n a person of subnormal intelligence
- v cause to move more slowly or operate at a slower rate
This drug will retard your heart rate
- v be delayed
- v slow the growth or development of
The brain damage will retard the child's language development
- v lose velocity; move more slowly
- That small amount of bismuth does not ascertainably retard digestion, they discovered, after they set to work on three doctors and their wives, one dentist and one medical student.
- And Prozac, the drug that carried bewildered Gen X-ers through the '90s, can retard growth in kids and adolescents.
- In the first study, involving 1,468 prostate-cancer patients receiving testosterone-depleting therapy which can retard the growth of tumors but increases the risk of brittle .
News & Articles
- Let’s do away with retard – Larry Mendte
The words retard a retarded are making a comeback. You hear the words used on talk shows and movies more and more. It is supposed to be funny. It’s not. It is a word used to hurt the most innocent …
June 20, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Pervez Musharraf in Kansas City Star
These terrorists and extremist elements must not retard the country's economic development by their senseless acts,Musharraf said, according to state-run Pakistan Radio.
- Lou Reed in Sunday Times.au
It's one of the most disgusting, foul things I've seen by any illiterate retard in a long time,Reed said.
- Goodluck Jonathan in AFP
The excessive dumping of small arms and light weapons in Africa is one of the major factors that retard the economic growth of the continent,he said.