- v pay back
- v make repayment for or return something
- v act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
- v answer back
- The financial firm was the first to announce this week that it was among the ten banks approved to repay $68 billion in rescue money the companies had received from the Treasury .
- Morgan Stanley is on the list of banks allowed to repay money it received from the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- Back from the brink, banks are now eager to repay the government's TARP funding.
News & Articles
- Monsey man must repay $1.75M for bank fraud
A Monsey man linked to an FBI-undercover investor accused of bribing Spring Valley and New York City officials has been sentenced to repay $1.75 million from a bank fraud conviction.
June 16, 2013 - The Journal News
- Conservatives: Justin Trudeau should repay speaker's fee
OTTAWA, June 15 (UPI) -- Conservatives say Justin Trudeau, leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, should repay money he was paid by a charity for an unsuccessful speaking engagement.
June 15, 2013 - UPI
- Silver should repay Lopez settlement: suit
ALBANY — A new lawsuit seeks to force embattled Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver to repay the $103,000 state taxpayers spent to secretly settle two sexual harassment complaints against pervy former Assemblyman Vito Lopez.
June 14, 2013 - New York Daily News