- n money returned to a payer
- n the act of returning money received previously
- v pay back
Please refund me my money
- And, by the way, don't count on a tax refund showing up soon after you file in April one of those IOUs may find its way to your mailbox instead, explaining that the refund may .
- Your tax refund might be late, owing to a paucity of number crunchers.
- Last year the IRS sent out 106 million refund checks totaling $254 billion, so Ponzi victims will hardly empty the refund cookie jar.
News & Articles
- Red Light Camera Refund: Woman Finds Typo That Invalidates Millions Of Dollars In Fines
A woman ticketed for running a red light with a camera got her fine dismissed after doing some digging and finding a newspaper typo from seven years ago. The discovery by Bay Area woman Keisha Dunleavy may mean thousands of others could have their fines dismissed as well, leading to millions of dollars worth of [...] Red Light Camera Refund: Woman Finds Typo That Invalidates Millions Of Dollars ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Madoff Victim's Estate Not Entitled To Tax Refund on Worthless Asset
An estate that paid taxes based on a Bernard Madoff investment account later found to be worthless is not eligible for a refund, a state appeals court holds.
June 14, 2013 - Law.com
- Petty offers fans full refund
Tom Petty fans who attended a concert on Saturday which was shut down by Los Angeles fire marshals are to be given a full refund. Safety chiefs declared the Fonda Theater show was over capacity and forced Petty and his group, the Heartbreakers, to cut the show short after 90 minutes.
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Barack Obama in Politico
So far, Americans who have filed their taxes have discovered that the average refund is up nearly ten percent this year -to an all-time high of about $3,000,Obama said. "This is due in large part to the Recovery Act."
- Wayne Swan in ABC Online
This means less time with the Tax Pack, more time with loved ones, and for 6.4 million Australians it also means a bigger tax refund,Mr Swan he said in his Budget speech.
- Willie Walsh in Mail on Sunday
Mr Walsh said: "Customers who have made a booking from Terminal 5 will fly from Terminal 4. If there are transfer passengers that this impacts then we will offer a refund and rebooking.' He said it had never entered his mind to resign over the...