- n a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing
virtue is its own reward
- n payment made in return for a service rendered
- n an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
- n the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
- n benefit resulting from some event or action
reaping the rewards of generosity
- v bestow honor or rewards upon
The scout was rewarded for courageous action
- v strengthen and support with rewards
- v act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
- Is there a reward for the capture of Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar? No one seems quite sure.
- Walk through the graveyard; cemeteries reward the ironist.
- Bosses take note: A new study of the brain shows that rewards for good work satisfy us more when others get less.
News & Articles
- Reward offered in missing girl case
A cash reward is being offered to anyone who can provide information that leads to the whereabouts of Elaina Steinfurth.
June 12, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- Reward grows in search for teen's killer
The reward is growing for information leading to the person responsible for killing a 15-year-old girl in a drive-by shooting in Lake Stevens this month. Molly Conley of Seattle was killed June 1. She was shot in the neck while walking with some friends around 11:20 p.m. near South Lake Stevens Road and South Davies Road. The Lake Stevens City Council announced Tuesday it was approving $2,000 to ...
June 12, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Reward offered for information on Hudson business park fire
A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the June 3, 2013, fire that occurred in the St. Croix Business Park, at 2100 O'Neil Road in Hudson.
June 12, 2013 - WQOW Eau Claire
- Barack Obama in Christian Science Monitor
North Korea has a path toward rejoining the international community, and we hope they take that path,said Mr. Obama on Monday in a prerecorded interview on CBS. "What we're not going to do is to reward belligerence and provocation in the...
- Donovan in Los Angeles Times
I've been through a lot in the past four years,Donovan said. "I'm so glad it culminated this way. It makes me believe in good in the world and if you try to do things the right way it's good to see it get reward."
- John McCain in Politico
In a speech late last month on the topic, McCain said he would evaluate new proposals based on the principle that it "is not the duty of government to bail out and reward those who act irresponsibly," but he offered no concrete solutions.