- n a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing
the wages of sin is death
- n something that remunerates
wages were paid by check
- v carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns)
- v move from side to side
- While traveling through Bangkok in 1952, Lewis realized that for the most part wages in poor nations stayed constant while profits soared, which went against the assumption that an .
- Sparks began to fly last week when President Roosevelt let it be known that his Black-Connery wages hours bill, the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1937, which has been publicly .
- When Franklin Roosevelt said last April that wages would have to be "stabilized," he left the thorny details up to his War Labor Board.
News & Articles
- Bangladesh garment sales soar despite deadly incidents
DHAKA (Reuters) - Bangladesh's exports rose 16.3 percent in June to $2.7 billion on the year, boosted by stronger clothing sales, an export body said on Tuesday, as the low-cost country retains its allure for cost-crunching global retailers despite deadly incidents. Duty-free access to Western markets and low wages have helped make Bangladesh the world's second-largest apparel exporter after ...
July 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Beauty Pageant Queen Shaves Head for Charity
Beauty pageant queens have been the butt of a lot of jokes lately — for example, Marissa Powell, Miss Utah, who recently flubbed an answer about the gender gap in wages during the Miss USA pageant. But one crowned beauty has people talking because of a noble act: chopping off all her hair for charity. [...]
July 8, 2013 - Trending Now via Yahoo! News
- Permanent jobs rise at fastest pace for two years - survey
By Mark Anderson LONDON (Reuters) - Permanent job placements in Britain rose at their fastest pace for over two years in June as wages and employer confidence picked up, surveys showed on Monday. Temporary placements grew sharply as well, while vacancies reached their highest level for three years. The index measuring permanent job appointments grew by its fastest rate since April 2011 at 57.6 ...
July 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Passions fly on immigration,Obama said, "but I don't know anyone who benefits when a mother is separated from her infant child or an employer undercuts American wages by hiring illegal workers."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Leading The Charge
Pressed on how she would enforce her mandate, Clinton said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."
- Jesse Jackson in ABC News
These workers deserve their wages, deserve fair notice, deserve health security,Jackson said. "This may be the beginning of long struggle of worker resistance finally."