- n the quality of having a superior or more favorable position
the experience gave him the advantage over me
- n (tennis) first point scored after deuce
- n benefit resulting from some event or action
it turned out to my advantage
- v give an advantage to
This system advantages the rich
- Now, if one set of variations provides a survival advantage for the cells versus another, then the cells with the advantage will persist while the other ones will die off, leaving .
- Some said I must have cheated; one even claimed I had an unfair advantage: "I'd climb Mount Everest too if I couldn't see how far I had to fall.
- Because gender and its relationship to athletic advantage can be such a complex matter, the International Olympic Committee and the IAAF now use a comprehensive evaluation by a .
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
It's pro bike racing, it's dog eat dog,Armstrong said. "One day you're the peacemaker and the rational mind, and the next day you're taking advantage of every opportunity."
- Julia Gillard in 3AW (blog)
It would be to ensure that arriving by boat does not give anybody an advantage in the likelihood that they would end up settling in Australia or other countries in the region,she said.