- v put an end to a state or an activity
- v give up or retire from a position
- v go away or leave
- v turn away from; give up
- v give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat
- s on equal terms by payment or requital
we're now quits
finally quits with the loan
- Who started the current game of frontier sniping along the Khalka River is not clear, but last week the Japanese were ready to call it quits.
News & Articles
- Indian Opposition Alliance Splits Ahead of Polls
Party quits India's main opposition alliance over appointment of Hindu ideologue
June 16, 2013 - ABC News
- Billy Ray Cyrus to Divorce Wife of 19 Years
Country music star Billy Ray and his wife, Tish Cyrus, are calling it quits after 19 years of marriage. TMZ has obtained divorce papers filed with the Los Angeles County Superior Court. The documents reveal that Tish is filing for …
June 15, 2013 - WebProNews
- Greenspan quits as Rice University athletics chief
Greenspan quits as Rice University athletics chief Rice had hired the former West Point and Indiana AD to run its athletics department in March 2010. [...] the department has raised funds for an $8 million tennis center to be built this summer and launched a fundraising campaign for a new football facility to house training and locker rooms along with a sports medicine center.
June 14, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Roger Federer in 940 News
It's sad. It's a pity for tennis: The very top player quits tennis,Roger Federer said Friday at Roland Garros. "She certainly has her own reasons. I hope she has good reasons, because it's an extreme decision. What I'm surprised about is...
- Charlie Crist in FOXNews
A reformer, a maverick, he'll fight out-of-control spending and keep our taxes down,Crist says. "John McCain never quits and he'll always fight for you."