- v keep busy with
- v live (in a certain place)
- v occupy the whole of
- v be on the mind of
- v march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation
- v require (time or space)
This event occupied a very short time
- v consume all of one's attention or time
- v assume, as of positions or roles
- a held or filled or in use
she keeps her time well occupied
the wc is occupied
- a seized and controlled as by military invasion
the occupied countries of Europe
- s resided in; having tenants
not all the occupied (or tenanted) apartments were well kept up
- s having ones attention or mind or energy engaged
she keeps herself fully occupied with volunteer activities
- Our artillery begins the liberation effort, for it is our right and duty to liberate occupied territory.
- During World War II, Nazi officers in occupied Czechoslovakia were banned from driving the speedy rear-engined Tatras because so many had been killed behind the wheel.
- Fahd stated that Israel could "live in peace" with its Arab neighbors provided it permitted the Palestinian population of the Israeli-occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip to form an .
News & Articles
- U.N. says Israel, Syria ceasefire jeopardized by Golan violence
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Escalating violence in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights is jeopardizing a four-decade old ceasefire between Israel and Syria, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a report to the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday. Ban recommended that adjustments be made to a U.N. peacekeeping mission in the area, known as UNDOF, including "enhancing the self defense ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- FIFA Under-20 World Cup will go ahead despite Turkey riots
Anti-government riots have occupied Istanbul for the past two weeks, but the tournament, which starts on June 21, has been given the green light by the governing body.
June 12, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Hundreds of Police Move Past Barricades Into Taxin Square That Has Been Occupied by Protesters
Hundreds of police move past barricades into Taxin Square that has been occupied by protesters
June 11, 2013 - ABC News
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio in The Associated Press
This is another example of a case where desperately needed jobs are being occupied by illegal aliens who have disregarded our laws and our borders,Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in the statement.
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
Instead of adjusting to the stateless threats of the 21st century, we invaded and occupied a state that had no collaborative relationship with al-Qaeda,Obama said. "Instead of taking aggressive steps to secure the world's most dangerous...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Voice of America
And, they sent migrants from Europe and the United States and from other parts of the world in order to establish a totally racist government in occupied Palestine,Mr. Ahmadinejad said.