- v keep busy with
- a actively or fully engaged or occupied
busy with her work
a busy man
too busy to eat lunch
- s overcrowded or cluttered with detail
a busy painting
- s intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner
busy about other people's business
- s crowded with or characterized by much activity
a very busy week
a busy life
a busy street
a busy seaport
- s (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged' is a British term for a busy telephone line)
her line is busy
kept getting a busy signal
- When reporters questioned Ted Kennedy last Tuesday about the alleged rape on the family estate in Florida, he said he was too busy to answer because of his tight legislative .
- For we're busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy, busy with our bisness Wracked with duodenal ulcers Wives who from our homes expulse us Plagued with liquor .
- A survey of working parents suggests that their busy workplace schedules are a major cause of unhealthy eating habits -- both for themselves and their children.
News & Articles
- Busy season has started for Metro's Search and Rescue
It's not even summer yet but the busy season has already started for Metro's search a rescue team. They were in action this past weekend rescuing a group of Boy...
June 11, 2013 - News 3 Las Vegas
- National Survey Reveals Americans Are Too Busy to Take Time off This Summer
With summer around the corner, busy Americans share they will not take time off to enjoy the warmer months. In the second annual “Put the World on Ice” survey, sponsored by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.'s Brew Over Ice beverage collection for the Keurig® single cup brewing system, 85 percent of respondents said they feel summer’s pace has changed since they were kids.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Scouts will be busy looking at 2014 Draft talent
The amateur summer scene is already upon us -- the elite wood-bat, college-level Cape Cod League opens on Wednesday -- as scouts ramp up for a busy few months of summer leagues, showcases and All-America games.
June 11, 2013 - Major League Baseball
- Cedric Benson in TMZ.com (blog)
If there's one thing that I regret this year it's that we were so busy just getting stuff done and dealing with the immediate crises that were in front of us that I think we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA The Hill http://www.google.com/url?q=http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/77207-in-aftermath-dems-debate-path-of-party&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3Qef5Gs1C_fCSG_on3wJOSd3qfQ Jan 21, 2010
13901 18723 busy But according to the report, one bouncer heard Benson make the statement and replied, I'm going to take time out of my busy job to kick you out?"
- Lindsay Lohan in NDTV.com
The show will feature my kids, and Lindsay will also appear in some episodes, although she's very busy filming and promoting her fashion lines. We're discussing a deal with a major network,she said.