- s intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner
bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself
- The officious manner of the match refree put off the players so much that they walked out of the field in protest.
- Mother is efficient, officious, utterly joyless; you couldn't make her smile if you handed her over to the Guantanamo tickling team.
- Major Burns was noted for his whiny and officious personality and his adulterous affair with the head nurse, "Hot Lips" Houlihan.
News & Articles
- Mo Farah Celebrates Moscow Gold Medal in Style, with a Car Park Massage
Being a world champion does not guarantee you a massage whenever—or, more pertinently, wherever—you want one, it seems. Britain’s 10,000m champion Mo Farah found himself frustrated in his bid for a post-race rub on Saturday by over-officious Russian stewards. Having enjoyed his happy ending out on the track in Moscow a few hours earlier, producing a blistering last lap to hold off Ethiopian ...
Aug. 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Angus Fraser in Sportinglife.co.za
Fraser told Sky Sports: "Normally when the ball is changed the captain is involved but Inzamam-ul-Haq was brushed aside. Hair is seen as an officious umpire and he should have spoken to the Pakistan players. Here you are perceived to be guilty...
- Darrell Hair in Telegraph.co.uk
Robert Griffiths, QC, for Hair, asked him: "You have been described as officious, arrogant, over-bearing, a blackmailer and having 'form' - were any of these given as a reason by the ICC for not allocating you matches on the elite panel?"