- s unimaginatively conventional
- s of a shirt; having the ends of the collar fastened down by buttons
Brooks Brothers button-down shirts
- Remember the button-down shirt? A masculine must during the '50s, it eventually became about as unfashionable as the codpiece.
- During the tryoutsin which 150,000 contestants were winnowed to 15Li wore loose jeans and a black button-down shirt, with no make-up and the haircut (and body) of David Bowie .
- In a business where buyers traditionally go to sellers, Jonathan Logan has more than 60 button-down salesmen constantly visiting the trade, testing trends, reporting on sales.
News & Articles
- Wacha earns 1st win, Cardinals beat Mets 9-2
NEW YORK (AP) -- Michael Wacha had combed his hair and dressed in a button-down shirt, all ready at his locker not long after a beer shower to celebrate his first major league win.
June 12, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Cards' Wacha earns first career win
Michael Wacha had combed his hair and dressed in a button-down shirt, all ready at his locker not long after a beer shower to celebrate his first major league win.
June 12, 2013 - Fox Sports
- Feds arrest 'button-down bandit' bank robbery suspect
The "button-down bandit" wanted in connection with at least eight bank robberies in the East Bay since March was arrested in West Oakland on Monday, according to the FBI. James Quindale Page, 42, of Pittsburg, was arrested Monday morning as a result of the "button-down bandit" serial bank robber investigation. According to the FBI, Antioch and Walnut Creek police, along with FBI agents, arrested ...
June 11, 2013 - KTVU
- Alessandra Stanley in AFP
Woods, with 14 majors to his name and a fortune built on endorsements, may have delivered an apology "out of sync with his button-down public demeanor, but it was very much in line with his sportsmanship," Stanley added. "And that's something...
- Jason Bergmann in WRAL.com
If he's wearing it to his son's graduation,Bergmann says, "I don't mind, but ...... there could be a better choice, more appropriate to the occasion. A button-down. A polo. But if they want to support their team, that's great. Go buy all...
- Jewel Kilcher in thebahamasweekly.com
I dreamt about this day since I was a little girl on a ranch in Alaska,Jewel said. "It was relaxed and romantic. I wore a traditional wedding gown and diamonds, and he wore jeans and a button-down shirt. Ty's definitely my perfect prince."