- v provide with buttons
- v fasten with buttons
- a furnished or closed with buttons or something buttonlike
- For the lay reader, there wasn't much in the writing to excite interest, but at the end, the buttoned-up professor unbuttoned a bit.
- Japan's youth are out for thrills, stepping clear of the buttoned-down, uniformed life of their parents and onto society's dance floor.
- At 35, an age when many people shift into the buttoned-down phase of their lives, Tom Freston hooked up with a cable-TV outfit that aired short films of rock groups in performance .
News & Articles
- Eddy Cue: Before and After
Aside from the slew of product and software announcements yesterday, did anyone else notice an extremely tan and stylish-looking Eddy Cue take the stage to talk about Siri? Coupled with a turquoise shirt and a few buttons un-buttoned, Cue looked like he just got back from weekend trip clubbing in Miami. I suppose it goes hand in hand now that he's on the board of directors at Ferrari!
June 11, 2013 - Network World
- Dan Bartlett in International Herald Tribune
I'll never forget going to work on a Saturday morning, getting called down to the Oval Office because there was something he was mad about,said Dan Bartlett, who was counselor to Bush. "I had on khakis and a buttoned-down shirt, and I had...
- Carlos Boozer in NBA.com
Seeing how buttoned up they are, how professional they are, how much they want to win and how committed they are,Boozer said of what sold him on the Bulls following his meeting with Jerry Reinsdorf, John Paxson, Gar Forman and Tom Thibodeau....
- Darren McFadden in SportingNews.com
I can imagine he's going to have a button-up shirt on with the three top buttons not buttoned ...... and the cowboy boots,McFadden said, laughing. "He's always in some type of cowboy boots."