- n a round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes
- n an electrical switch operated by pressing
the elevator was operated by push buttons
- n any of various plant parts that resemble buttons
- n a round flat badge displaying information and suitable for pinning onto a garment
they passed out campaign buttons for their candidate
- n a female sexual organ homologous to the penis
- n a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
- n any artifact that resembles a button
- v provide with buttons
button a shirt
- v fasten with buttons
button the dress
- On the crowded, noisy, littered floor of the New York Stock Exchange, brokers are identified by the big white, oval buttons they wear.
- Tap the Yes button, say the name of a person in your phone book, and the call goes through.
- There's a war on buttons.
News & Articles
- Facebook Adds Like Button To Mobile Messages, A One-Touch “OK”
Alright, "Yes", and the much-hated "k" just got a visual redesign. Facebook's iOS and Android apps have rolled out the option in messages to reply with a one-tap thumbs-up Like button sticker. It's a highly-functional flourish that replaces the greyed-out Send button when you haven't typed anything. And while it seems simple, I'm finding it quite satisfying.
June 22, 2013 - TechCrunch
- 'Button Down Bandit' charged with robbing six East Bay banks
A Pittsburg man who was once a welterweight boxing champion is set to be arraigned in federal court in Oakland next week on charges of robbing six East Bay banks between March and June. James Quindale Page, 42, dubbed by authorities as the "Button Down Bandit," was indicted by a federal grand jury in Oakland on Thursday on six counts of bank robbery. Each count carries a possible maximum ...
June 21, 2013 - KTVU
- Right on the Button: Why FindLaw is Obsessed With Buttons
When the request for a post about FindLaw’s usage of buttons was handed down from above, my response was, “Buttons?” Because seriously, who cares about buttons? A button is a button. Big, small, red, or tall, as long as you can click it, why does it matter?
June 21, 2013 - FindLaw
- Joe Biden in Foreign Policy
The last few years have seen a dangerous drift in relations between Russia and the members of our alliance,Biden said, referring to NATO. "It is time -- to paraphrase President Obama -- it's time to press the reset button and to revisit...