- s (of a woman's body) having a large bosom and pleasing curves
- s (of a female body) healthily plump and vigorous;
a generation ago...buxom actresses were popular"- Robt.A.Hamilton
- His famed Action in Chains, a buxom female nude commemorating the French revolutionary Socialist Louis Auguste Blanqui, stood in Puget Theniers, near Grenoble.
- From 1789 to 1797, Madison served in the House of Representatives that he had helped set up, found time to marry a buxom widow named Dolley Todd, and, with honors enough for any .
- Few Westerners ever fathomed the appeal of Umm Kulthum, the buxom, handkerchief-waving Egyptian singer who was known to her Middle Eastern fans as "the Nightingale of the Nile.
News & Articles
- Are Kate & Maksim dating?
Kate Upton turned 21 on Monday -- and the buxom blonde may have celebrated her milestone birthday with a new man. The two-time Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover girl is rumored to be dating "Dancing With the Stars" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy , multiple insiders tell Us Weekly exclusively.
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Kate Upton Dating Maksim Chmerkovskiy?
Kate Upton turned 21 on Monday, June 10 -- and the buxom blonde may have celebrated her milestone birthday with a new man. The two-time Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover girl is rumored to be dating Dancing With the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy , multiple insiders tell Us Weekly exclusively.
June 11, 2013 - US Weekly
- Washington Irving in Ad-Hoc-News (Pressemitteilung)
On a visit to the executive residence, Washington Irving wrote that Mrs. Madison is "a fine, portly, buxom dame," -- (laughter) -- "who has a smile and a pleasant word for everybody."
- Rowan Pelling in Telegraph.co.uk
Think of a Spanish archetype and you immediately leap to the swaggering, buxom Carmen,says Rowan Pelling, the former editor of The Erotic Review. "Think of a British one and it's the plain, modest Jane Eyre. We're too open to...