- n a native or inhabitant of Byzantium or of the Byzantine Empire
- a of or relating to the Eastern Orthodox Church or the rites performed in it
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the Byzantine Empire or the ancient city of Byzantium
- s highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious
- Night had fallen on the old Baghdad quarter, a byzantine maze lit only by kerosene lamps flickering from rugged stone houses.
- The byzantine regulatory process that helped paralyze the industry for a generation has been streamlined.
- Sung shared a difficult period in Kim's life as he survived the byzantine court of his father Kim Il Sung, founder of the Stalinist country, to become leader of North Korea himself.
News & Articles
- Schock legislation tackles college tax credits
As part of his quest to simplify a Byzantine and complicated federal tax code, U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock has introduced legislation to streamline college tax credits.
June 17, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Greater Pittston church tour focuses on works of art
PITTSTON 8212 The 8th Annual Tour of Historic Churches of Greater Pittston, which will visit St. Michael's Byzantine Catholic Church and the Italian Christian Church, is set for Sunday beginning at 1 p.m.
June 17, 2013 - Times Leader
- Margaret Spellings in Reuters
The byzantine funding and appropriation methods for this undertaking were in large part a cause of this failure. It is not within this court's power to address the wrongs committed, the judge said. It is hopefully within the citizens of the United... Stanwood Duval http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanwood_Duval&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHgU-48jSuEsJcQoEh42bsIH5YMfw USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/01/judge-army-corp.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE8Ns7YbkT9Gi40PRDYvmHPfZQjyQ Jan 30, 2008
14086 18984 byzantine Federal student aid is crying out for reform. The system is redundant, it's Byzantine, and it's broken," Spellings told the House of Representatives Education and Labor Committee.
- Pope Benedict XVI in Hindu
The Pope, during his visit to his native Bavaria earlier in the week, quoted from a reported dialogue "carried on - perhaps in 1391 in the winter barracks near Ankara - by the erudite Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an educated Persian on...