- s making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve or believe
I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast
- s used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots
- s highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious
a knotty problem
- s tangled in knots or snarls
- This development invites a raft of knotty questions.
- But a movie, running a couple of hours, requires more breathing room time to savor characters, time to let the knotty situations grow more enticingly tangled, time to enjoy a .
- Meanwhile, Musharraf must also resolve some knotty issues that go beyond the hunt for bin Laden.
News & Articles
- 'Mad Men' ending season with Don Draper at new low
NEW YORK — Breaking up is hard to do. That is, unless you're "Mad Men," which this season has been free-and-easy in its fragmentation. By now Peggy Olson and her radical beau are splitsville. So are Pete Campbell and wife Trudy, who caught him philandering one too many times. Twice-wed Roger Sterling, currently solo, saw his knotty relationship with his mom torn asunder with her death this ...
June 23, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Google ditches brain teasers
Once used to screen potential hires at the search giant, knotty puzzles are 'a complete waste of time,' admits a top exec.
June 20, 2013 - MSN
- Okkervil River Celebrate Maxfield Parrish in 'It Was My Season' Video
When last we checked in with Okkervil River's Will Sheff, the Austin singer-songwriter was hanging out with the legendary Steve Earle after releasing 2011's delightfully knotty
June 17, 2013 - Spin
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
They're still working. They're working on some knotty issues,Rice said Saturday, speaking to reporters on her way to Israel. "I want to help make sure they're working in a straight line ahead."
- LK Advani in Thaindian.com (blog)
Accusing the Congress of being guided by vote bank politics, Advani said: "People like Netaji Bose would be horrified at the manner in which the Congress rule has bequeathed knotty problems to future generations: Problems like the border disputes...
- Fidel Castro in Cuba News
A Congress of Cuban artists and writes can not miss addressing these knotty issues,Fidel said and added that "many will say that this is fatalism. I reply: No, it is not. Fatalism is not puttting forth the problem. If that were the case, I...