knobbed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots
a knobbed stick
- Braver sorts wearing comet-shaped diamond hatpins or toting comet-knobbed walking canes flocked to rooftop parties at the old Waldorf-Astoria.
- Sharpened canes, electric cattle prods and steel-knobbed umbrellas can be wrestled from the grasp of a struggling victim and turned against him.
- At Miami Stadium, 30 khaki-clad survivors of the Bay of Pigs marched across the rain-soaked baseball diamond to present Miller with a "revered emblem"a gold-knobbed flagstaff .
- Reggie Jackson in Motorsport.com
In my lifetime I've played in six World Series, hob-knobbed with movie stars and been a part of the excitement of New York and the Yankees,said Jackson. "With all that, it's hard to get excited over many things. But being behind the wheel...