gnarly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots
- THE DEPARTED A gnarly plot, a pack of stars feasting on meaty roles, the Boston air stenchy with betrayal .
- The gnarly imagery and the movie's understanding of the human impulse not just to survive but also to save others are eloquent enough.
- A Feast for Crows isn't pretty elves against gnarly orcs.
News & Articles
- Olalla Lake Triathlon set for June 29
The Olalla Lake Off-Road Triathlon features a course that is hard to beat. This race is characterized by gnarly hill climbs, both the bike and the run course feature some seriously fun and challenging hills, and if organizers could add one to the swim, they would.
June 19, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- Pond Need a Xanax in Super Trippy 'Xanman' Video
Tame Impala offshoot Pond specialize in a gnarly sort of freewheeling psych-rock that seems ill-fit for proper studios and other hi-def niceties. The song "Xanman," for instance, is a wild and wooly barell-ride down a memory lane occupied by Marc Bolan, Roky Erickson, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant — it's freaky and raw and catchy nonetheless...
June 18, 2013 - Spin
- GNARLY IS HIS NAME
LATHROP – They don’t call him “Gnarly” for just any reason.
June 13, 2013 - The Manteca Bulletin
- Steven Nyman in International Herald Tribune
It's certainly gnarly but Bode's just talking. I hardly doubt he won't race it,said Nyman, who won the downhill in Val Gardena, Italy, in December.
- Shanna Moakler in FOXNews
I was supposed to go with [Travis] to South Carolina, and at the last minute, I had this gnarly feeling and said 'I don't think we should fly together anymore,'Shanna Moakler, 33, told Us.
- Steve Stricker in USA Today
The rough is up and spotty in some spots where it's real gnarly and laying all over the place,said Stricker, 21st in the standings with 97,300 points. "It's going to be difficult if you hit it in the rough. And the greens provide a...