- s (of a female body) healthily plump and vigorous;
- Travolta, walking in the pumps of Divine in the earlier film and Harvey Fierstein on Broadway, plays Edna Turnblad, the beyond-zaftig Baltimore mom of a '60s teenage girl who .
- Hairspray revolves around a zaftig high school dance whiz who fights for racial integration and fat-girl power in 1962 Baltimore.
- Her first film as writer-director, "A Real Young Girl," in 1976, showing a zaftig 14-year-old's lurid erotic fantasies, was denied release for 24 years.
News & Articles
- Making friends over 'pastrami and pickles' in Natick
Driving from New York to visit his daughter, Dr. Henry Karlin plans to stop by Zaftigs Delicatessen next Monday for some potato pancakes and, maybe, to meet a new friend.
Aug. 12, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News
- Scarlett Johansson in Fametastic
Woody, who directed Scarlett in Match Point described Scarlett as "criminally sexy", adding: "While she is a much stronger actress in every way, there is a tiny bit of Marilyn Monroe in her zaftig humidity."