- v cause to be firmly attached
- v become fixed or fastened
- v attach to
They fastened various nicknames to each other
- v make tight or tighter
- a firmly closed or secured
found the gate fastened
a fastened seatbelt
- a furnished or closed with buttons or something buttonlike
- a fastened with strings or cords
- The decoys were then fastened by their feet to the stool, which has a circular piece of board six or eight inches in diameter, fastened to a stick four or five feet long, the .
- After reading in the newspaper Sunday that publishers had spent $20 million to fit trucks with satellite tracking systems and fastened books with alarms, Ng, a self-employed .
- His wings, more like a bat's than a bird's, were fastened to the arms and sides of his suit.
News & Articles
- London ‘levitating’ magician’s secret revealed
Sad news, levitation fans: Dynamo, the magician who caused a stir in London earlier this week by appearing to levitate alongside a double-decker bus, was not, in fact, levitating. It was an illusion. According to a crowdsourced investigation conducted on Australia's news.com.au Facebook page, Dynamo's "arm" was actually a steel prosthetic that was fastened to [...]
June 26, 2013 - The Sideshow via Yahoo! News
- A standing ovation for safe sitters-in-the-making?
Slipping on a pair of rubber gloves, 13-year-old Julia Snyder of Sugarloaf Township removed the old diaper, carefully folded it and then fastened a new one on the tiny, fresh-faced mannequin.
June 25, 2013 - Times Leader
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
He fastened his seat belt as he was supposed to,Obama said.
- George Burns in Mercury News CES Blog (blog)
I'm warning our subscribers to keep their seat belt fastened,Burns says. "With continued pricing pressure and eroding profitability, companies will be tempted to hit the brakes and delay their expansion plans."
- Dannel Malloy in Norwalk Advocate
There clearly were four-by-fours and other building materials that hadn't been fastened,Malloy said. "They are supposed to be fastening any building materials that could become airborne. That is the obligation of the builder."