- v fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
They tied their victim to the chair
- v finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
- v limit or restrict to
I am tied to UNIX
These big jets are tied to large airports
- v connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- v form a knot or bow in
- v create social or emotional ties
- v perform a marriage ceremony
- v make by tying pieces together
The fishermen tied their flies
- v unite musical notes by a tie
- s bound or secured closely
the guard was found trussed up with his arms and legs securely tied
- s bound together by or as if by a strong rope; especially as by a bond of affection
people tied by blood or marriage
- a fastened with strings or cords
a neatly tied bundle
- a closed with a lace
- s of the score in a contest
the score is tied
- In reality, it was merely a fielding error in a game already tied after Boston relievers couldn't hold a two-run, two-out lead in the 10th inning of what should have been the game .
- In today's CNNWMUR poll, Hillary Clinton and Senator Barack Obama are tied at 33 percent - their last two polls had Hillary up 4 points and before that had Hillary down 2 points .
- Not all of these events can be tied absolutely to global warming, but all of them will surely become more frequent and intense as the world warms ultimately threatening the .
News & Articles
- W. Golf. Park, Chen Tied For First To Open U.S. Public Links
Annie Park and Doris Chen are tied for first while teammate Kyung Kim is tied for 12th after the first round of the 37th U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links Championships at the Jimmie Austin OU G.C. in Norman, Okla., on Monday (July 17).
June 18, 2013 - USC Trojans
- Barclays Sells Largest Structured Note Tied to Facebook Shares
Barclays Plc (BARC) sold $25.2 million of one-year notes tied to shares of Facebook Inc. (FB) , the largest such offering since the stock started trading publicly 13 months ago.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Toll reaches 118 in hepatitis A outbreak tied to frozen berry mix
At least 118 people in eight states are now sick with acute hepatitis A in an outbreak tied to a frozen berry mix widely sold at Costco stores. Fifty-one people have been hospitalized, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Illnesses have been reported between March 18 and June 8, in the ongoing outbreak linked to Townsend Farms Antioxidant Blend sold by the Fairview, Ore ...
June 18, 2013 - NBC NEWS